Based in Milan, Italy
September 4, 2013
MirrorMoon EP is a game about mystery and exploration set in outer space. These space travels begin on a red planet and its unique moon and extend across galaxies. The single player part of MirrorMoon EP blends adventure and exploration with navigation-based puzzle solving. The multiplayer of MirrorMoon EP lets players share Galaxy Maps with other players: the first explorers to land on a planet will be able to name its Star System and that name will be forever bound to the star for any other fellow traveler who encounters it.
MirrorMoon was nominated for the Nuovo Award for innovation in games at Independent Game Festival 2013 and was also part of the Official IndieCade and Fantastic Arcade 2012 selections. Since then, MirrorMoon has grown considerably. EP stands for Extended Play, representing all the new content that we added for the official release.
- Each Galaxy consists of a thousand Systems: it will be possible to fully discover the mysteries of MirrorMoon EP only while collaborating with other players.
- Through the apparently indecipherable cockpit of an unknown spacecraft, players will be able to locate and travel to mysterious planets.
- Each planet has artifacts, buildings, and puzzles on its surface, hidden in astonishing low-poly sceneries.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IGF 2013 Nuovo Award Finalist" San Francisco, CA, USA
- "Fantastic Arcade Showcase" Austin, TX, USA
- "IndieCade Selection" Los Angeles, CA, USA
- "Fantastic Arcade Selection" Austin, TX, USA
- "Experimental Gameplay Sessions - GDC" San Francisco, CA, USA
- "[9/10] One of the purest exploration games I've ever played: a genuine thing of wonder"
- Christian Donlan, eurogamer.net
- "[10/10] With beautiful artistic touches throughout and gameplay that doesn’t feel traditional at all, the experience that is MirrorMoon EP is one that will likely stick with me for years"
- Ian Fisher, shogungamer.com
- "MirrorMoon EP could be an all-encompassing metaphor for the way we fanatically search for purpose in the world."
- Stephen Hershey, killscreendaily.com
- "When I was a kid, I was deathly afraid of space. The stark, vast beauty of the night sky both entranced and terrified me [...] While I have long since overcome those fears, MirrorMoon brought the memories of them back with a vengeance. I have never played a game that captures the simple and dangerous beauty of space quite like it."
- James Murff, gamefront.com
- "MirrorMoon EP makes you feel like a pioneer"
- Dan Crawley, venturebeat.com
- "If you enjoy unraveling mysteries like this, you should already be playing MirrorMoon."
- Cassandra Khaw, indiegames.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available from santaragione.bandcamp.com.
About Santa Ragione
Santa Ragione is an Italian micro game design studio founded by Pietro Righi Riva and Nicolò Tedeschi in 2010, creators of FOTONICA, MirrorMoon EP, and Wheels of Aurelia. Santa Ragione’s games focus on achieving a visceral response from the player, whether through the desolate landscapes of MirrorMoon EP, the uncompromising, vertigo-inducing speeds of FOTONICA, or the controversial politics in Wheels of Aurelia. The studio has a unique, experimental approach to accessibility that encourages exploration and personal interpretation, to achieve surprising depth. Santa Ragione’s inspiration comes equally from evocative electronica and contemporary art, to strive and stand out stylistically and continue the tradition of Italian design.
More information on Santa Ragione, our logo & relevant media are available here.
MirrorMoon EP Credits
Pietro Righi Riva
Concept Art, Freelancer
Nicolò Sala, Michael Manning, Erico Hopton, Keith Blackwell, Marco Adamoli, ella guro, Sine Waver